Tuesday, January 27, 2009

List #1

I am so happy I'm rooming with Amy and Sue.  I love being close to Joey and Aminata too--all of these girls have started to feel more and more like family.  It's nice to be able to visit the girls and guys in Murray, too.  It's a slightly different atmosphere, but they still feel like a huge part of my life.  No matter where I end up after college, I want to stay in touch with as many of them as possible.  I hope the internet works well in Australia.  Or Japan.  I think I'll eventually get some sort of long-distance cell phone plan... 

I may think too much, and I may think ahead more than most people my age, but I am still realistic and live in the present.  Yes, I like pondering where I'll be with my baby five or ten years down the road, but that doesn't mean I will forget about my life and friends here in Iowa.  As much as the love between soulmates is eternal, so is the bond between true friends.  

I am missing Erik more and more every day.  I've started working on a new song, but it's still incomplete and I want to work on more lyrics.  I imagine I will be most musically productive when he starts basic training on March 3rd and I will be missing him like a sailor's wife misses her beloved gone off to sea.  He is the only one for me; I just wish there were a way to make him see how serious I am about staying with him and not "finding someone else" while he's away.   I know what I want, too, and he is exactly that.  I have never felt or been more in love.  Two months, three months, four... as painful as distance and time will be, nothing can change how I feel.  

And, in honor of my Blue Moon, a list.

Reasons why....Olive Juice :

1. You have a list of lists.
2. You are smart and like to learn new things.
3. You are a thinker, like me :)
4. You laugh at my jokes, even when they are absolutely awful and not at all funny.
5. You make me laugh.
6. You like cooking (with someone else... ehm ehm)
7. You care about your family and say "I love you" when you are saying goodbye to your mom on the phone.
8. You are incredibly observant.
9. You have a fantabulously amazingtastic sense of humor.
10. You look people in the eye when you talk to them.
11. You appreciate music and play the guitar and sing.
12. You have good taste in music and have introduced me to some really good songs.
13. You have faith in people.
14. You blow air in my nose because you know I'm THAT ticklish.
15. You are goofy.
16. You make me feel safe and loved.
17. You genuinely care about people.
18. You like the movie Amelie and picked the perfect movie to watch when we first met.
19. You are my Wall-E
20. Without trying, you are somehow ALWAYS on my mind.  And I like that.
21. You want to go on adventures and see new places.
22. You are very talented.  In more ways than one.
23. You will hold my hand in public even when I don't ask.
24. You will hold me when I am sad, even when I'm crying over a lion from Discovery channel.
25. You aren't afraid to think about the future.
26. You like to vacuum.  (ok, on second thought, maybe that shouldn't be on the list, since that's MY favorite house chore, dammit! hehe)
27. You are ambitious.
28. You are what I think of when I hear the song "Dancin' in the Moonlight."
29. You are my blue moon.
30. You are the one.



No comments: