Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Life is Pretty Good

Feeling rather productive today, even though it's my day off.

Well, I went to the bank to get info on setting up a savings account, cleaned up my room a little, and am now watching Joan of Arcadia reruns (actually a really good show -- too bad it got cancelled). I should probably think about starting to pack for school, but every time I plan on it I end up getting distracted. Oh well, there's still time left.

Watched the movie Blow last night with Dan -- kind of a sad ending, but overall a really good movie. He's been introducing me to movies I haven't seen and new music -- we are currently in the process of compiling a folder of his music that I want or that he thinks I'll like. It's becoming a three-night-long process at this point, and I am so psyched to add it all to my library. Somehow Dan has this crazy knack for knowing exactly which songs and what music I might like. It'll be really nice to have so much new stuff to listen to when I'm back at school. I'm gonna miss my boy a lot --- hopefully the music will help. And he's coming up to visit a couple weeks into the semester (and I have a single this time yay!!), and I'm gonna visit him over the fall break weekend in October (taking a megabus to OSU -- tickets were insanely cheap WOOT!).

On another note, I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do with a psych degree, and I'm really liking the idea of being a mediator. Not necessarily a couples/family counselor, but something to do with being a neutral third party and helping resolve conflicts and helping people listen to each other and communicate. I'm not sure it makes a whole lot of money, but it's something I am dedicated to and very passionate about. We'll see where it goes, I suppose.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I love Joan of Arcadia. And new music. And the Megabus.