Monday, August 17, 2009

Time goes by faster when you're older

Got back late last night from my trip to Colorado with my dad. It was gorgeous there in Boulder -- I'd really missed seeing mountains and blue sky, not to mention the wonderful lack of humidity. We explored downtown Boulder on Saturday and then went on a hike on a trail near the hotel. My dad actually managed to find restaurants he could eat at without getting sick (since he's a celiac, this is a difficult feat), and we're thinking of making it a tradition to visit CO for a weekend each summer. Now I understand why so many of my friends from Coe miss home (those who live in CO that is) so much.

I don't have to work today so I'm trying to get last minute things done... and make some progress on packing. Right now I'm watching the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (Dan got me hooked) while waiting for my laundry to finish drying to I can pack my clothes...

Can't believe how fast the summer went by. And that I'll be in class one week from today. I'll miss home for sure -- especially Arielle, my sister, and the boy :) but it will be nice to catch up with my friends in Iowa.

No comments: