Friday, April 3, 2009

"Where I Stood"

I don't know what I've done
or if I like what I've begun
but something told me to run,
and honey, you know me it's all or none.

There were sounds in my head
little voices whispering
that I should go and this should end
oh and I found myself listening.

Cuz I don't know who I am, who I am without you
all I know is that I should
and I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you
all I know is that I should
Cuz she will love you more than I could
she who dares to stand where I stood.

I thought love was black and white
that it was wrong or it was right,
but you ain't leaving without a fight,
and I think I am just as torn inside

Cuz I don't know who I am, who I am without you
all I know is that I should
and I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you
all I know is that I should.
Cuz she will love you more than I could,
she who dares to stand where I stood...

And I won't be far from where you are
if ever you should call
you meant more to me than anyone 
I've ever loved at all
but you taught me how to trust myself, and so I say to you
this is what I have to do...

Cuz I don't know who I am, who I am without you
all I know is that I should
and I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you
all I know is that I should
Cuz she will love you more than I could,
she who dares to stand where I stood.

Lyrics by Missy Higgins

No comments: